Innuendo. Chinwag. Natter. Gossip. It was a regular, recurring interdepartmental conference call. I attended most of the time but had a conflict that week due to a customer meeting. A large group, people occasionally missed the call, so it was recorded and the recording and minutes were distributed afterward. About a dozen directors and vice presidents were on this particular call. During the call one of my peers started to talk about me indirectly. Without any data, any specific situation or, without even naming me directly at first, they were complaining about my team, saying we weren't doing our job. This was the first I had heard of any of the problems they were bringing up. The examples taken out of context and told only half the story. Eventually they mentioned me by name and went so far as to say something like, “I think he is a good guy, but don’t you think we would be better off with someone else running that team? We could do better doing this with...
Comments
Post a Comment